Upload the HTM/HTML file from which to make the tags statistic report.
What this tool does?
The main function of this tool is to determine if there are odd HTML tags in a file, which would mean that some tags where not properly closed.
This tool also generates a statistical report on the use of HTML tags.
- The labels are automatically detected by means of regular expressions.
- Self closing tags are excluded from the alert.
- The found tag name
- Number of opening tags, ex.: <a href="...">, <br />, <img src="..." />, etc.
- Number of closing tags, ex.: </a>, </tr>, etc.
- The porcentage of ocurrence of this tag aginst the most used tag.
Self closing tags
List of all valid HTML void-elements that are excluded from the alert report.
Tip: Compile multiple files in a single big one
In order make a quick validation on multiple files you can compile all the individual files in a single one and upload that file to the tool.
- Pros: You can quickly validate a large number of files in a single report.
- Cons: You will not know in which file is the specific missing tag.
- Open a CLI windows on the parent folder containing all the files to compile.
- Run this command:
$ copy *.htm compiled_list.txt
- All the files with HTM extension will be compiled inside the new file compiled_list.txt.
- Upload compiled_list.txt file to the tool.